Saturday, October 24, 2009

Let's all use our reusable shopping bags

I have several different reusable shopping bags but most of the time I leave them in the car. It seems that keeping track of two kids, my huge coupon notebook and my purse is all I can handle. If we have plastic bags around our house then I try to bundle them all up and return them to a store that has a bin that recycles them or use them for kitty litter waste. There are now several stores in our area that are jumping on the bandwagon to encourage use all with some incentives to use our reusable bags.

CVS recently started their green bag tag system. You purchase a green bag tag from CVS for $0.99 and get it scanned whenever you come into the store. Every 4th time you are get your bag tag scanned, you earn a $1.00 Extra Care Buck towards a purchase. I wonder if you could also get them to scan it for drive through pick up of prescription drugs?

Target has printed on the bottom of their receipt “Save 5 cents every time you use a reusable bag.

Sprouts also has an incentive for using reusable shopping bags. You get $0.05 credit for each reusable shopping bag you use as well.

Does anyone know of any other stores that are giving a credit for reusable shopping bags?

2 comments:

  1. Market Street also gives a 5 cent credit for each reusable bag used in a shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete